Online Privacy Statement
At Zayed Future Energy Prize, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We want you to know how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you and the choices that are available to you.
Since we may change this online privacy statement, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time.
What information does this Online Privacy Statement cover?
This online privacy statement describes how we may collect, use, share and keep information that we get about you online. We gather Online Information if you:
- Visit or use our website;
- Register with our website;
- Receive or reply to electronic communications from us;
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps.
In this statement, we also explain how we may combine Online Information with Other Information and how we then use the combined information.
What information do we collect and how do collect it?
The types of information we collect depends on how you use our website. For example, you might give us your name, email, mailing address, phone number, or country when you:
- register, log into or update the settings on your account using our online services;
We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. Most cookies and similar technologies will only collect de-identified information such as how you arrive at our website or your general location. However, certain cookies and similar technologies do collect Personal Information. We may collect information using cookies and similar technologies about:
- the device you use to browse our websites or use our apps (for example, we may collect information about the operating system or the browser version and the type of device you use to open electronic communications from us);
- the IP Address and information related to that IP Address (such as domain information, your internet provider and general geographic location);
- browsing history on our websites or apps (such as what you search for, the pages you view, how long you stay, and how often you come back);
- how you search for our websites or apps, from which website you came from, and which of our Business Partners’ websites you visit;
- whether you open our electronic communications and which parts you click on; and the location of your mobile device (for example, when you use our mobile websites or apps to register to receive location-based content).
- which ads or online content from us and our business partners you view, access, or click on
- your browsing activities over time and across other websites, following your visit to one of our websites or apps
We may also collect information made publicly available through third-party platforms (such as online social media platforms), through online databases or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained. This information may be governed by the privacy notice(s) provided by the third party at the time of collection.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use Online Information we collect about you on its own or combine it with Other Information to:
- recognize you when you return to our websites;
- answer questions and respond to your requests made through our websites and through third-party websites (including social media);
- use the location of your mobile device for location-based services that you may request;
- determine how to best provide services to you and manage your accounts, such as the best way and time to contact you;
- improve our websites make them easier to use;
- advertise and market services – and those of our Business Partners – including to:
- send or provide you with ads, promotions, and campaigns etc.;
- analyze whether our ads, promotions, and campaigns are effective;
- conduct research and analysis, including to:
- better understand our website visitors
- produce data analytics, statistical research, and reports;
- manage fraud and security risk, including to:
- detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity;
- safeguard the security of your information;
How do we share your information?
Some Online Information is Personal Information. How do we treat your Personal Information? We do not share Personal Information with anyone except as described below. We may share Personal Information as required or as permitted by law, such as:
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- with regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of ZFEP or others;
- within the Masdar group of Companies;
How we handle Aggregated and De-identified Information?
Aggregated Information or De-identified Information does not identify you individually; it helps us to analyze patterns among groups of people. We may share Aggregated Information or De-identified Information in several ways, for example:
- for the same reasons as we might share Personal Information;
- with business partners to conduct analysis and research about website visitors; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place ads (including ads of our Business Partners) on various websites and apps, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
How do we keep and safeguard your information?
We use administrative technical and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and facilities. We take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information when we no longer need it. We will keep your Online Information only as long as we must to deliver our products and services, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it.